Friday, February 13, 2009

Three dozen

Yesterday (Thursday), on our way out the door to Nikko's playgroup, the FedEx lady came up to me w/a big box of flowers. I brought it in and was going to open it but Brianna told me she'd take care of it because I was running so late. When we came back from playgroup, the red roses were in a big vase. So lovely! It wasn't until later that night, before Denis came home from work, that I looked closer at the bouquet. I started counting buds and was confused when it didn't stop at 12 or 15 or 18. It took a few tries, but I counted 36! That was the first time in my life I ever got three dozen roses, and I rearranged them in the vase to look so bountiful. Denis didn't have a really good reason for them, except that it's what they offered at Costco (no fault there, I'm just happy that I got roses for Valentine's Day). But when I was chatting with Ginny on FB later that night, I speculated that maybe they symbolized our three kids. (aahhhh, how sweet) Of course, that wasn't the real reason at all, as I could tell from Denis who said, "Oh, yeah, SURE, that sounds good!" But it's ok, I think it was just awesome to get all those beautiful red roses. Tonight he brought me a box of chocolate covered strawberries from Godiva and a Mario Tricoci massage/pedi/mani. WOW! I guess it's a combined V-Day/B-Day gift, and I am very happy about it. I almost cried in front of him, but I didn't. LOL! Seriously, it's not even VDay yet, but it feels like the best VDay I ever had. Maybe it's coz we have all our kids together with us, we're going to do something together as a family tomorrow (go to that Counterstrike Open House), and he already gave me stuff. That means he actually thought of me in advance, despite the random order of things. That's ok by me for now, I'll take what I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment