Friday, February 6, 2009

Ronin watch

I'm worried. Ronin's nose was extremely runny today. It started yesterday, actually, but today it was a faucet. By the time we went to the in-law's house for dinner, he developed a cough. I gave him multi-symptom cold medicine at 6pm, and then Tylenol at 10p before bed. I'm worried because last time he had a cough, the next morning he was wheezing and had retracting in his breathing. That led to an ER visit. It was the time before last, because the last visit was preceeded by his 104 fever for 4 days. This time around, he's not sporting a temperature yet. Honestly, I fear what the morning will herald. Please, please God don't let him start wheezing.

Audrey had a terrible time at the in-laws. She started out ok, was quiet in the car seat at the beginning of dinner, and seemed to pass along to the others easily. But right before worship she went ballistic and was inconsolable for I don't know, maybe 20 minutes. She cried the hardest I've ever seen from her, and I have no idea what agitated her. Sure, she may be sensitive to her environment, or overstimulated by the lights and different ppl, but someone is going to start telling me that I have to expose her to more ppl outside of the home so she'll get used to being other places. She does get out when we go to the Clinic, or even the store, and she doesn't melt down in these places. She was unhappy at the Penepacker's on Rory's bday gathering, and at the in-laws. I'm kind of at a loss for this. All I can do is try to soothe her, pacify and hold her close and tight. Giving her a bottle is not really that productive in a time of crisis because she's crying too hard to swallow the milk without choking. Poor baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment